Small Brooklyn Psychology (www.smallbrooklyn.com) is a private group practice at Industry City in Brooklyn, founded by Mandi White-Ajmani, PhD. We are a full-service organization that provides high-quality neuropsychological evaluations, therapy, and consultation. We work with people of all ages—from toddlers through older adults—but we have a special competency with kids, parents, and families. We are looking to add another qualified, full-time psychologist or social worker to the team, to help address the high demand for evidence-based treatment in Brooklyn.
Many parents seeking therapy for their children are worried, confused, and overwhelmed, so we do our best to provide an experience that is warm, patient, highly personalized, and truly useful. We also operate from best practices in clinical psychology and neuropsychology, using methods that are grounded in research and also feasible in the real world.
Brooklyn is a growing and thriving market, with ample opportunity to provide world- class services to families seeking help. Small Brooklyn Psychology meets the needs of these families right in their own borough. Our offices are housed in Industry City, an energetic campus full of food, events, and community spaces.
We are seeking a full-time child psychologist or social worker to help grow the treatment arm of our practice and to meet our large demand for psychological services. We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
• Holds a doctoral degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology OR an LCSW from an accredited graduate program
• Has completed all required supervised clinical training for licensure
• Is fully licensed to practice psychology or social work independently in New York State
• Has extensive experience in using cognitive-behavioral therapy and its variants to treat children (approximately 5-25 years old) who present with mood disorders, anxiety disorders, neurodevelopmental disorders, and/or behavioral dysregulation
• Has extensive experience in working with parents to manage children’s behavior using Parent Management Training (PMT), Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), Triple P, Incredible Years, or an equivalent
We will give extra consideration to therapists with deep experience in treating autistic individuals, in using Dialectical Behavioral Therapy for Children (DBT-C), and/or in using Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP/ExRP) for OCD
Besides technical qualifications, we are also seeking a colleague with the following characteristics:
• Is an independent and autonomous thinker who wants to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, team-based environment, with regular peer supervision
• Is adaptable, efficient, and able to think/act creatively to help clients and the practice
• Learns quickly and is always looking for more growth opportunities
• Welcomes feedback from the team in order to hone skills
• Is a clear, warm, compassionate, and professional communicator who can help change their clients’ lives
• Is detail-oriented and committed to ensuring accuracy and fidelity in communication and treatment with clients, colleagues, and families
Specific duties include:
• Provides a full range of therapeutic services for children, grounded in CBT and other evidence-supported methods, across the developmental and psychological spectrum
• Makes recommendations for treatment and improvement based on the latest research and best practices
• Consults with families, schools, and other treatment providers as needed
• Teaches/trains/supervises psychology and social work trainees
• Writes content as needed for practice publications (very occasionally)
• Gives presentations and workshops for community organizations (very occasionally)
• Assists creatively whenever possible to contribute to the needs of the practice
This is a full-time position, and compensation is competitive. Health, dental, and vision benefits are available, as are retirement plans and training stipends. We do our best to provide a supportive, collaborative, flexible, and family-friendly environment, and we’re hoping to bring on someone who can flourish in this busy and growing practice.
We welcome colleagues of all races, ethnicities, gender expressions,
sexual orientations, and religious affiliations.
If you possess all these qualifications and characteristics and would like to join Small Brooklyn Psychology, please introduce yourself and send your CV and cover letter to Mandi at email@example.com – We’re looking forward to meeting you!